The PCU represents the active hardware component of the NOVA sensing system. In a compact form-factor, it incorporates the photonic and electronic subcomponents necessary to probe the fiber sensors, collect and pre-process the relevant measurement data.
Thanks to the versatility of NOVA’s technology, PCUs are highly flexible. Based on customer inputs and specific requirements, NOVA Tech configures optimized PCUs to assure the best performing hardware solution for the different applications.
The most important customizable parameters are:
- Number of parallel measurement channels
- Number of sensors per channel
- Sensor bandwidth (from 1 Hz to 1 MHz, independently of the number of sensors)
- Data acquisition interface
- Mechanical tests and environmental certifications
- Communication ports (USB, Ethernet, WiFi)